Thursday, April 4, 2013

The new goal

It's going to happen.
On June 8th, 2013 I will complete my first half marathon. Or I'll die trying.

I am icing my foot as I sit here and type this. I couldn't find my ice pack so I improvised. I'm using my wine bottle cooler as a replacement. It works well enough! Unfortunately, I think I may have injured my foot. The outside of my right foot gets random, aching pains.  I hope it's nothing too bad, but thankfully I'm in the beginning of my official training and I've been taking my rest days very seriously.  Before I panic and bring my training to a screeching halt, I'm going to go get some foot advice from my favorite shoe people, New Balance. My shoes are worn down. I definitely need a new pair, and I'm hoping it's a worn out pair of shoes that is causing my foot pain and not a stress fracture or something else that could stop me before I even start.

Fingers crossed, because I have not been this excited about something in a very long time. Although running is a continued challenge for me, I've been so ecstatic about my runs the past week. The weather, training plan, and new goals have me totally psyched.

I plan to post more tomorrow about my first official week of training and my new goals, but for now it's time to tend to my feet and my general well being. Sleep has never sounded so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment