Monday, January 13, 2014

Good morning, Moon


You know how you know someone wakes up before the butt crack of dawn to work out?

They tell you.

I’m telling you now that I’ve been waking up before 5 in the morning to get to my workouts in. I have to tell you this because I’m using this blog to keep me awake for at least another hour. At what age is it socially acceptable to go to sleep at 7 P.M.?

The workouts have been good, but I can’t say they’ve been brutal. I want us to push a little harder, hurt a little more, and feel just a little bit better. That being said, I’m pretty amped about our commitment and know that these wee hour workouts will ultimately pay off. 

What have I learned about myself and life before 6 A.M.?

·      Yogurt and granola bars are not a substitute for a delicious and filling egg breakfast.
·      The body will actually function before daybreak.
·      It’s possible to shower, dry your hair, and get your makeup on in less than 15 minutes.
·      You need flip-flops in winter.
·      Driving at 5:30 in the morning is nearly enjoyable.
·      My cat thinks waking up before 5 is unnatural.
·      You can run laps inside!
·      My knee hurts less in the morning

Eric has managed to make it to every early morning workout, which has to be an act of God. I’m not sure how I’d be handling this alone, so I’m very grateful.

It’s five minutes until 8 P.M.  Sleep is now acceptable…right?

1 comment:

  1. I love working out in the morning while everyone is sleeping. 1) it is peaceful; 2) it makes me feel like such a bada$$ that I get up while it is still dark to WORKOUT of all things; 3) what an awesome way to start the day, right?!

    Way to go and keep at it!

    ReplyDelete