Thursday, June 13, 2013

Medium

I can't really tell you how amped I am about how my quest for 30 days of happiness has been going. Not every moment has been incredibly happy, but it sure has been close. Today my sister let me know that she signed us up to do a race together for my birthday! "Four on the Fourth" will be another race for the books, and get this...I get a medal! Who would have thought that we'd ever be running together? She has been such a constant inspiration for me throughout this whole journey and I'm super psyched to have some quality sister time.

This news came on top of another mini-victory for me today. If you look to your left, that's me sporting a brand new UMKC shirt. It may look like your normal college tee, but to me it's more than that. Just 18 months ago I was squeezing myself into a 4X shirt.  That shirt I'm wearing today? That's a MEDIUM.  I checked the tag twice to confirm. 
After work today, it was time to hit the gym. Kayla and I take pictures every couple months to track our fitness progress. Today, I was cracking myself up. I scare myself in the photo below, but that is the legitimate face I make if I try to smile while lifting. Hardcore.
After lifting, it was time for a run. I really didn't want to. My mind tried to stop me several times over the course of the run, but I got in almost three miles before turning in for the day. I'm exhausted and ready to sleep. I guess you could say I had a pretty happy day. So far June is shaping up to be a pretty good month!

Post-run. It was a hot three.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like June is turning out to be awesome! So cool! Btw, just looking at your header picture is inspirational. You've come SO far! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete