Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 days to happy

It has been a while since I posted. I've been busy being "bad". Whenever people write me about their fitness journeys, they always say things like, "I've been bad this week." I hear it and read it so much that I've started using it myself. The short version of the story the past couple weeks is that my knee continued hurting, I stopped running, I got busy and I started eating poorly. I even binged a couple days. It's the first time throughout this whole process that I really felt like, I've been bad. 

But I can't believe I let myself fall into that mentality. It's the bad feeling that really catapults you into continued "bad" decisions. I know this is true, but I just let my attitude shift to negative anyway. Bad quickly shifted to sad which shifted to unhappy. This complete change in attitude happened in two short weeks. I went from feeling like I had the best life ever to feeling completely hopeless. All I know for certain is that I'm not staying here in this awful mindset. I've got too many things I want to accomplish and too many goals I need to meet.

Realizing that my knee was not going to let me run a half-marathon next weekend, I changed to the 10K. By golly, if I have to walk it, I'll finish it. My friend reminded me that it wasn't me that couldn't run the half...it was my body. There will be other runs. I need to let go and move on. This is not the end.

So, I'm ready to kickstart what it sure to be another great summer. I've got a challenge for myself and a challenge for you. I'm calling it, "30 Days to Happy".  Being happy isn't a right or happenstance. If you're not content, change something.

"Don't let a bad day make you think you have a bad life."

Several of my friends are spending a month focusing on their own start to healthy lifestyles. They're all doing different things and changing their lives in different ways to reach their goals. It seemed like a perfect opportunity to reevaluate my journey and reestablish some really great trends in my life this past year. I'm going back to basics.

Things I won't do the next 30 days:

-Eat out
-Drink anything other than water
-Go to bed sad
-Skip a workout
-Dwell on mistakes
-Sleep less than six hours a night

Things I will do in the next 30 days:

-Run
-Take Hip-Hop classes
-Lay by the pool
-Meet a goal everyday
-Eat as little processed food as possible
-Plan a vacation
-Find new and exciting things to do

I'm going to share this journey here, but mostly I'm interested in what you all are going to do the next 30 days to find your happy again. Since I started posting about my struggles and triumphs, people have really opened up to me about their own problems and their own victories. I have found that so encouraging. I would love to not only hear your stories, but share them. I've got one friend starting a juice diet with her fiance and one who's trying out Advocare. I'll share the types of things I'm eating and what sort of exercises I'm rocking. I also hope to just share all the awesome things I want to do to step outside my comfort zone over the next 30 days.

What will you do to find your happy? Maybe it's not fitness or diet related. I like to stress that because although that's what I need to focus on, that isn't the case for everyone. Want to join my team here and take on this challenge with me?  It's time to get your happy back! We could all use the support...and just a little more happy.

E-mail me at K.Denison87@Gmail.com if you want to be a part of this. Let's do this together!


No comments:

Post a Comment