Friday, May 10, 2013

Kneejury

Well, my "running coach" said I need to lay off the running for at least the rest of the week. My running coach is a 17-year-old cross country star and marathon runner himself. He's a student, but he's really become a teacher when it comes to all my training. He always checks in during class and asks how many miles I'm putting in and what sort of problems I'm facing. I went through my knee issues from the past week, and he said it's time to give it a rest.

"It's better to lose a week than really injure yourself. Take a break."

Although he's not a doctor, I know he's right. I tried a couple runs this week, but had to cut them in half to avoid the knee pain. I was really looking forward to a big run this weekend as a tribute to my mom on Mother's Day, but I'll have to settle for something else until my knee feels better. I'm ahead of schedule in my training so I'm trying to not get too bummed out.

Either way, it's kind of a sad end to what was already a trying and frustrating week. I'm trying to stay positive though and I'm looking forward to a productive and hopefully, somewhat relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment