Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm baaaaack...kind of

On Tuesday I did a mile run to test my knee. I wore a knee brace and made it through the mile without any knee issues. In fact, my knee felt better after the run before I started it. I'm not sure how that worked out, but I wasn't going to complain.

Yesterday, I decided to get in four miles. The heat, asthma, allergies, and the flaring knee issue made for one of my most miserable runs yet. I actually didn't even notice my knee was bothering me until the last half hour. I think it had been the whole time though. I was just focused on my breathing and not throwing up.  I ran with water yesterday, and I was so irritated by it mid-run that I set it down to retrieve later.

I'm taking a legitimate rest day today. No lifting, no cross-training, nothing. I'm hoping that my knee feels well enough in the morning for me to attempt my 11 miles. On some level, it did feel good to get back into it. I sort of enjoyed my week off while my knee healed, but I don't want to spend another week that way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment