Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dreaded treadmill

Thank you Missouri for letting me run in a tank top on Saturday and forcing me to run on a treadmill today to avoid the freezing temperatures. Before I started prepping for my half-marathon, I really preferred running on the treadmill over hitting the pavement. I have absolutely no idea why I felt that way.

My uncle was kind enough to let me come over and use his treadmill today after work. I just couldn't face 33 degrees and the rain/sleet mix. I thought it would be an easy three. I was very wrong. I had to run in intervals and it seemed to drag on forever. I'm actually pretty positive that's what forever feels like. I can't wrap my mind around how six miles felt so much better than three. 

Regardless, I've yet to miss a training day. I'm feeling really good about that. Positivity is key at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment