Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gear

 When I got into working out last year, my dad took me to the New Balance store and got me fitted for some really nice running shoes, shoes I certainly couldn't afford. They've held up pretty well, but they're incredibly heavy. My feet have also shrunk over the past year and the flat-foot insoles are now overcorrecting my arch issues. Today, my dad surprised me and took me to get some new running shoes and some "lifting" shoes.
The running shoes are a lot lighter. They probably won't hold up as long, but I want to give them a shot. The other pair are just some generic, Nike tennis shoes. My dad got me these so I can keep New Balances for running only and have another quality pair of tennis shoes to use during my other workouts. I'm so thankful for these new shoes. Unfortunately, I just do not have the money to spend on nice shoes. That's really the main expense in running and I would have had to splurge soon, so I'm just really happy my dad could help support me in this way. 


The other day I dropped some of my paycheck at Dick's Sporting Goods. I got some energy gels and jellybeans and a little running pack. The new running gear has been crucial to my running success. It's a lot easier to carry my phone and my inhaler. Plus, the energy/protein gels are actually super helpful. I used them on my six mile run since it was over an hour. Getting the new shoes today kinda has me pumped for my next run! It's like everything is coming together. I never knew I could be so excited about this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment