Monday, April 1, 2013

ONEderland


I did it!
I'm finally under 200 pounds. A year ago, I remember thinking how incredible it would be if I could break 300 pounds.  When I did that, I couldn't believe it. Here's my post from that day, less than a year ago.

May 28th, 2012:

"Today is a big day. 

No..today is a ginormous day! But it’s a smaller me celebrating such a big success. 

I’m finally out of the 300s as far as the pounds go. I weighed myself this morning to discover that I am down to 298.6. I haven’t seen a “2” in front of my weight since high school. Today was a day of mixed emotions. I caught myself thinking, “How did I let myself get to over 300 pounds?” But then I reminded myself that that part of my life is over. I will never be over 300 pounds again (unless I weigh myself tonight ;0) ) I’m only a quarter of the way to my goal, but this my friends… is a huge success.

I have officially lost 52.4 pounds in these three months. I can’t wait to see what I am capable of in the coming months."


Here I am, less than 50 pounds away from my goal weight. Will it be hard? Heck yes. Can I do it? Get ready, world! I haven't seen a "1" in front of my weight since junior high. I've lost almost 170 pounds. Instead of reflecting on how horrible I treated myself for most of my life, I decided to focus on the good. I met another goal. I conquered trials and tribulations on the way. I'm getting ready to start training for my first marathon. Some days I'm weak, but most days I'm strong. If this is ONEderland, I'm ready to make the most of it. 

This was my biggest moment on this journey so far. I just never thought I'd be here.

Thanks for all the continued support. You have no idea how much it means to me. 








6 comments:

  1. What a champ...you are one of the main reasons i keep running and work out...so flipping proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are so amazing no matter what number appears first, but I'm ecstatic that it's a 1 and that the 1 means you are healthy, happy, and most of all being good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to change your "current" photo. That's so 15-pounds ago. :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You , Seriously rock!!! Awesome progress, I am so glad Rikki shared this with us! Best wishes for your future!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate
    Congratulations!! Keep up the good work. You are the third person I know of who has fought the battle of the bulge and is winning.

    John Kerr
    Guelph, Ontario Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,

    You looked fierce when I saw you last week in Lawrence! You are AMAZING and I'm so glad you are strong enough to make your life what you want it to be - congratulations and keep strong!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete