Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Can't Help Its

I really did NOT want to work out today. It's cold outside and I've been in a terrible mood since about 7 this morning. I was stressing out at work, but honestly I just have a nasty case of the "can't help its". I've been feeling defeated in so many parts of my life. I told myself I needed to workout to feel better. So, I texted my Uncle Joe and asked if I could borrow his treadmill for a bit when I got off work. I hit the jackpot because he just received a new treadmill that does some pretty amazing stuff.

My uncle has been hitting the healthy lifestyle hard for a long time, so it's always fun to go over there and hear about his latest workouts, what's working and what's not. I always think that since half my genes are from his side of the family...If he can do this, so can I.  He set up the route that I run around my neighborhood on this iFit application on his treadmill. It literally took me through my entire 5K route. The ups, the downs, the very ups. It was kind of incredible to follow my little dot on the screen. I knew when the hills were coming up and when I'd be running free (downhill of course).

It took me 42 minutes to complete my route. That seemed so strange to me. I do a lot more "running" when I'm on the treadmill. So even though I take more walking breaks when I'm on my actual, physical course, I must run a lot harder and faster during my jogging spurts. It was kind of interesting. I've done my route before in 40 minutes.

It was really nice to see my aunt and uncle and perhaps that helped boost my spirits, along with my run. I'm feeling much better now. I'm ready to take on tomorrow. Let's do this, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment