Saturday, March 9, 2013

In 7th grade, at the peak of my athleticism, I ran a 9:30 mile. I ran the whole thing and felt fine when I finished. I remember feeling really good about it...almost proud. Later that year I had put on 50 pounds and my mile went up to 13 minutes. My fast mile in high school was 15 +. So today was a big day for me.

It's been a really rainy day.  But hey, I conquered snow so might as well face the rain. It was awesome! I love running in the rain. It wasn't a downpour, but it felt good. Kayla and I went to the track with the intentions of walking (she hurt her hamstring at bootcamp), but I decided to go ahead and give my mile a try.

I clocked my last mile at 10:45. Today I did a mile in 10 minutes. I have so much weight left to lose before I'm in peak shape, but I'm thrilled with my progress. When I started the run, I briefly thought about immediately slowing it to walk. My legs are tired from the week. But I just powered through it. The rain helped.

I am incredibly grateful that I continue to make progress. Fighting my demons has been exhausting. Some days I want to sit back, relax, and just let things go how they will. I don't wanna go back though, so I gotta push through it.

BOOM.

I LOVE my RunKeeper app. It sent me this after I finished my mile.

Big moment.

On the track, on the beautiful rainy day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment