Friday, March 8, 2013

It was my perfect running weather today, 50 degrees and overcast. I've been excited about this date all week thinking; That will be the best run day ever! And I'll be stoked to work out again! 

No. Once again, I was not feeling working out today. But I put on my clothes and walked out the door as soon as I could when I got home from work. I knew if I lingered I'd never make it out. As I started my jog and turned on my RunKeeper, I realized my earbuds weren't working. I stopped momentarily and tried to decide whether or not to continue or go buy some new headphones before my run. I realized that I'd never make it out the door again if I stopped now. So, I angrily ripped the dead ones out of my phone and hit the road.

I had forgotten what it sounded like to hear my feet hit the pavement when I run. That was a really big deal to me when I first started running. I sounded like a runner, even though I didn't consider myself one. So, it felt good to hear that all again. I got to take everything in. It was my first time running with snow on the ground. Although a lot of it has melted, there is still plenty to wobble over and plenty of puddles to wade through. It made my normal route a little more exciting and challenging.

I really pushed myself to run longer and to run harder. I could feel my body struggling, but I tried to keep my pace as much as possible. I did three awesome things today with my run.

1. Ran through snow
2. Kept my average mile pace under 12 minutes
3. Did my 5K in less than 40 minutes. BOOM.

Obviously, I couldn't have done that if I would have stayed home. Mini victories. :)

Personal Record. :)
Post-run. Feelin the burn!

.5 miles in. Feeling good.


No comments:

Post a Comment