Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend fail

Man, I had a great fitness week.
Then I blew it on the weekend!
Kayla came back and we celebrated her success at bootcamp with a surprise party. It was a really good time, but I ended up feasting on bad food both Saturday and Sunday.
That ended up really messing up my week. I did lose three pounds last week. This sounds like a lot (because it is), but I know my body and I know that I probably would have had some record weight loss for myself if I could have kept myself in check this weekend.

So what gives?

I've really been fighting the "food bug" lately. I want to eat bad food and I want to eat a lot of it. I keep giving myself excuses to eat poorly. This was just a way of life for me before I started my new life over a year ago. I'm trying to find that unparalleled willpower I had six months ago, but it's lost somewhere. The top two things I'm trying to remember as I move forward...

1. Exercising more in a day does not justify binging or eating awful food. Weight loss starts in the kitchen.

2. I am not a dog and I shouldn't reward myself with food.


Despite my disappointment, it really was a good week and I'm psyched to have my energy back. Being active effects so much more than just my weight. I've got a long week ahead of me, including three 18 hour days. I will need to find the time to exercise and focus on making healthy meal choices when so many bad ones will be an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment